Yield: 10 or more servings
Cook Time: About 2 hours
- 1 Duncan Hines Butter Golden Recipe Box Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cans Lucky Leaf strawberry fruit filling & topping (chilled in fridge)
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pint whole strawberries
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 Ghirardelli Baking white chocolate bars
- 2 softened cream cheese
- 2 (8×8) foil pans
- Cook Cake according to package directions using foil pans and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the wire whip or flat beater attachment, pour heavy whipping cream in mixing bowl and set mixer on (6) setting, gradually add sugar and beat until heavy whipping cream is no longer a liquid. This usually takes about 7 to 10 minutes. Place in separate large bowl and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate bars in separate bowl in microwave until completely melted. I like to lightly wet a couple of paper towels and place over bowl before placing in microwave and stir half way in between melting phase to assure consistent melting throughout.
- Place both softened cream cheese and melted white chocolate in mixer bowl and mix on (4) until all lumps are removed and chocolate and cream cheese are blended.
- Gently fold this mixture into whip cream until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour until slightly stiffened.
- Cut cake into small to medium sized squares
- Open both cans of Lucky Leaf Strawberry filling & place in bowl, set aside
- Cut Strawberries in halves and set aside
- Start layering trifle with white chocolate whipped cream first, then squares of cake, and then layer the strawberry filling
- Repeat layering process until you’ve reached the top of your trifle bowl with strawberry filling. Decorate the perimeter with fresh strawberry halves.
- Now grab a big spoon, a gigantic bowl, and Enjoy!!!
- (Place plastic wrap over top and place in fridge if saving for an event or family and friends).