Yield: 1 to 2 servings
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 1 or 2 Large Wheat tortillas
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- Pam Butter No-stick Cooking Spray
- Sour cream and Guacamole on side
- First we’re going to start out with slicing the onion, both bell peppers and the jalapeno if using and set aside
- Pre-heat a large pan on medium high; melt butter and add onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper until veggies begin to soften. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- While veggies are softening, pre-heat grill pan on low to medium or if you don’t have one you can use a regular pan big enough to be able to fit your large wheat tortilla. Spray the pan or grill pan with Pam.
- Turn heat off of veggie mixture.
- Place the wheat tortilla on or in pan and add cheese as little or as much as you like to tortilla.
- Let cheese melt for about 1 minute and then add your veggie mixture directly on top of cheese.
- Place another handful of cheese on top of veggie mixture and fold one side of tortilla on top of the other.
- Using a spatula, press down on top of wheat tortilla to secure the cheese and veggies in place.
- If using a grill pan, flip quesadilla diagonally to obtain grill marks. If using a regular pan, flip quesadilla after about a minute to obtain a nice brown crisp on the other side. Once cheese is melted and gooey then remove from pan and slice into 3 large triangle slices.
- Pair this quesadilla with sour cream and guacamole and Enjoy!!!!