Yield: 4 to 8 Servings
Cook Time: About 1Hr
- 4 Tyson Cornish Game Hens
- 1 small onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere’s)
- 1/2 stick butter
- First we will unwrap the Cornish hens and rinse them with water, pat dry with paper towels and sit in nice large roasting pan. And Preheat oven to 350.
- Next we need to slice all of our veggies; the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños and sat aside
- Combine the seasonings in one small bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in microwave
- Now we can rub the hens with the seasonings and any left over seasoning, you can use for the inside of the hens. That way they are seasoned throughout.
- Then you want to take that butter out of the microwave and cover the hens with plenty of butter. This is what’s going to give you that nice brown coating.
- Now top your hens with those sliced veggies
- Now you’re going to cover then hens with a lid or foil for the first 35 to 40 minutes
- Then we will remove the lid and continue to cook for the next 20 minutes or so until we get a nice brown coating on the hens. Make sure that the juices run clear to ensure that the hens are cooked through.
- Pair these hens with a cornbread dressing or your favorite sides and enjoy!!!!