Yield: 5 to 6 Servings
Cook Time: 1 hr and 30 min
- 1 pack boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp. canola oil
- romaine lettuce hearts
- 4 cheese Mexican blend
- 2 cans Bush’s Chili Black Beans
- Spanish rice (homemade or store bought)
- pico de gallo and guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Remove chicken thighs from package and rinse. Set aside in baking dish.
- Mix seasonings together in small bowl with fork
- Using spoon or hands season both sides of chicken thighs
- Add about 1/2 cup of water in bottom of pan and spread onions and bell peppers on top of chicken thighs
- Place chicken in oven for about 45 minutes, be sure to turn once halfway in between cooking time
- Open Chili black beans and place in small pot and cook for about 15 mins adding a dash of garlic salt if desired and turn off heat.
- Remove chicken from oven, and place 2 to 3 tbsp. of canola oil in sauce pan and turn heat to medium high
- Remove chicken from baking dish and place in sauce pan with heated canola oil, brown on both sides about 5 to 7 mins each side being careful not to burn chicken.
- Remove from heat and slice chicken
- Rinse and dry your romaine hearts with paper towel, place a spoonful of beans, then a few slices of chicken and and a small handful of cheese. Add pico, guacamole, and sour cream, Place Spanish rice on side and dig in!!!